ISO 27701 PRIVACY INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The ISO / IEC 27701 standard is an extension of ISO / IEC 27001 and ISO / IEC 27002 for the management of personal information privacy in organizations that specifies the requirements and provides guidance for the establishment, implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of a Privacy Information Management System (PIMS). published as standard.
ISO / IEC 27701 standard, also in Turkey April 7, 2016 date and 29 677 numbered Official Gazette entered into force on Personal Data Protection Act (KVKK) with increasingly considered the most comprehensive and systematic manner in the present case the issue of data protection increasingly important area is standard. In the EU, it provides a globally accepted framework in the field of “General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)” approved by the European Parliament on 14 April 2016 for the protection of personal data.
In this sense, ISO / IEC 27701 is a standard that is a guide and can be documented for organizations that want to comply with both the European Union Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and KVKK.
The ISO / IEC 27701 standard can be applied to all data controllers and organizations that process personal data, including public and private organizations, government agencies and non-profit organizations, and provides guidance for Data Controllers and Data Processors who have responsibilities at the point of personal data processing and Privacy Information It contributes to creating an accountable system in organizations by revealing the requirements of the Management System.
The ISO / IEC 27701 standard, which is the standard created for the management of personal information, is based on a risk-based approach just like the ISO / IEC 27001 standard, however, in addition to ISO / IEC 27701, it also provides a framework for addressing personal data and privacy risks. Organizations wishing to obtain ISO / IEC 27701 certification must either already apply ISO / IEC 27001 and ISO / IEC 27002 or demonstrate that they are applying all these standards with a single audit. The ISO / IEC 27701 standard is considered to be a continuation of the ISO / IEC 27001 standard.
What are the Advantages of ISO / IEC 27701 Privacy Information Management?
- Provides confidence in the management of personal information
- KVKK, GDPR etc. It facilitates compliance with national and international data protection laws, regulations and legislation.
- It provides assurance to all interested parties regarding the management of the confidentiality of personal information.
- Contributes to transparency and accountability among stakeholders.
- Provides guidance for data controllers and data processors.
- Facilitates the management of personal information and privacy risks
- Facilitates effective employment contracts
- Explain roles and responsibilities
- Supports compliance with privacy regulations
- It reduces complexity by integrating with the ISO / IEC 27001 standard and allows you to institutionalize your processes for the management of privacy.